Doctor Andrea Ang
Dr Andrea Ang graduated with honours and the Gold Medal in medicine at the University of Western Australia, and then attended Harvard University on a Fulbright Scholarship where she achieved a Masters of Public Health. After training in Ophthalmology in Western Australia, she completed further fellowships in cornea, anterior segment and external diseases at the Cincinnati Eye Institute and the Singapore National Eye Centre.
Dr Ang specialises in the management of cornea, anterior segment and external diseases including pterygium surgery, corneal transplantation, and limbal stem cell surgery. She also specialises in cataract surgery and refractive surgery, including LASIK and PRK, and refractive lens exchange.
Dr Ang is a surgeon at the Lions Eye Institute and Lions Laser Vision, and also operates at St John of God Hospitals in Subiaco and Murdoch. She is a consultant ophthalmologist at Royal Perth Hospital and a lecturer with the University of Western Australia, where she teaches medical students and supervises training Registrars and Fellows.
Dr Ang has published papers and book chapters on corneal and external diseases in peer reviewed journals; she presents at national and international conferences; and is a reviewer for several international journals. She serves on several committees of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists.
Dr Ang is a passionate supporter of vision programs in developing nations and is a Myanmar Eye Care Program volunteer and Equal Health volunteer in India.
- Ocular surface reconstruction techniques
- Corneal transplantation outcomes
Other professional achievements
- UWA Medical Research Fellowship (2012)
- RANZCO Scholarship (2012)
- Fulbright Postgraduate Scholarship (2006)
- Australian Medical Association Gold Medal for top medical graduate (2002)
- Author of several book chapters in “Ocular Surface Disease: Cornea, Conjunctiva, and Tear Film” In: Holland, Mannis, and Lee, eds. Elsevier, 2013.
- Author of several peer-reviewed journal articles
- Invited speaker at international ophthalmology meetings including the American Academy of Ophthalmology and Asia-Pacific Association of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- Myanmar Eye Care Foundation Volunteer
- Equal Health Volunteer (India)
Further Key Experience
- Masters of Public Health (Harvard University)
- Corneal, Anterior Segment and External Diseases Fellowship, Cincinnati Eye Institute, USA
- Corneal, Anterior Segment and External Diseases Fellowship, Singapore National Eye Centre, Singapore
Current Hospital / University Affiliations
- Consultant Ophthalmologist, Royal Perth Hospital
Membership of Professional / National / Regional Bodies
- Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists
- Cornea Society
- Asia Cornea Society
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- International Society of Refractive Surgery
- Australian Medical Association
- RANZCO clinical performance standards review member (cornea and external disease)
- Fulbright WA Chapter committee member
Contact Lions Laser Vision
Please call us at Lions Laser Vision and speak with one of our clinical coordinators who will be able to answer your questions and schedule an initial consultation with one of our refractive surgeons.
Alternatively, complete the form below and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
PHONE: 08 9381 0758
FAX: 08 9381 0700
Lions Eye Institute
Lions Laser Vision
2 Verdun Street
Nedlands WA 6009
St John of God Murdoch
Murdoch Medical Centre
100 Murdoch Drive
Murdoch, WA 6150